Jane S. Daly’s Caregiving Season Blog
We hope these Elder Care Resources will help you navigate the evolving role of caregiver.
- AARP – AARP.org
Caregiving resource center, care provider locator, long-term care calculator.
- Area Agency on Aging – n4a.org
- Alzheimer’s Association – Alz.org
- Administration on Aging, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services aoa.gov – (800) 677-1116.
- The eldercare site (eldercare.gov/eldercare.net) can help you locate adult day programs, financial and legal assistance, housing options, in-home services and more.
- Christian Caregiver – christiancaregiversupport.com
Daily devotions, smartphone app for prescription reminders, book reviews, and a wealth of information for caregivers.
Financial resources, including elder care.
- Family Caregiver Alliance – caregiver.org
Individual state listings of programs and services in the Family Care Navigator, as well as other information.
- Focus on the Family – focusonthefamily.com
Counseling and prayer for life issues such as caregiving.
- Home Instead Senior Care – caregiverstress.com
Information on end-of-life discussions with loved ones, home care, self-care.
- Medicare – medicare.gov
Information on home health services, identity theft, as well as medical providers and coverage.
Information on medication and the elderly.
- http://www.caregivinganswers.com — Great resources for caregivers
- www.recallreport.org – Information on overmedication and drug recalls.
- Making the Move to Assisted Living: www.helpguide.org
- Downsizing your home when moving to a smaller place
- Senior Health Resources: Medlineplus.gov
- Boomer’s Roadmap to Aging in Place
- Guide to Senior Nutrition
- Moving Tips for Seniors
- Financial Resources for Seniors
- Veterans Benefits for Seniors
- Legal Planning for Alzheimer’s and Dementia
- christiancaregiversupport.com – Daily devotions, smartphone app for prescription reminders, book reviews, and a wealth of information for caregivers.
- Elder Helpers Website
- Transportation Options for Seniors Who Don’t Drive
- Outdoor Elderly Activities
- The Grandparent’s Guide to Sharing Your Love of Classic Cars with Your Grandchild
- Volunteer Abroad Programs for Senior Travelers
- The Senior’s Guide to Becoming a Real Estate Agent in Their Golden Years
- Exercise Essentials for Healthy Aging
- Exercising with Osteoporosis: Stay Active the Safe Way
- Outdoor Elderly Activities
- Beach, Shelly; Ambushed by Grace
Discovery House Publishers, Grand Rapids Michigan, 2008
- Rosenberger, Peter; Hope for the Caregiver
Worthy Inspired Publishing, Brentwood, Tennessee, 2014
- Burns, Sharon and Forgue, Raymond; How to Care for Your Parents’ Money While Caring for Your Parents
McGraw-Hill, New York, 2003
- Complete Guide to Caring for Aging Loved Ones, Focus on the Family
Colorado Springs, Colorado, 2002
- Deane, Barbara; Caring For Your Aging Parents
NavPress, Colorado Springs, Colorado, 1989