National Caregivers Day is observed annually on the third Friday in February.
Honor those selfless and caring people who pour our their lives for our loved ones.
How you can show your appreciation:
- Give them a gift card for a personal treat, a massage, manicure, or movie tickets
- Buy a card, expressing your thanks for their service
- Give them the gift of time off
- Flowers are a special way to say thank you. Men also like getting flowers!
- PRAY for your loved ones’ caregiver. Let them know you’re praying. Ask for specific requests.
There are many more ways you can show your appreciation. Even a simple ‘thank you’ goes a long way to lift a caregiver’s spirit.
National Caregivers Day was founded by Providers Association for Home Health & Hospice Agencies (PAHHHA) in 2015. Its first observance is February 19, 2016. For more information please visit http://pahhha.org/.